Sunday, September 12, 2010

Here is what you need to know about me

     Some ask me, "where in Charleston are you all located?" It is a simple answer, "John's Island". It is not very populated at all. Over the years it is going to become less rural. There are a few restaurants, not chain restaurants but family owned restaurants. We have about a 5 minute drive to historical down-town Charleston, SC. We can cross over to Savannah at any time, and we do often.
     We have a very small local dance school. Not a very big baseball association at all. We have a tackle and flag football association. My husband helps out with coaching baseball teams, in the spring. He coaches for majors, any age from 10-14. He is also the head coach for the middle school tackle football team.
     Aside of my husband's sport development he is a doctor at The Kindred Hospital Of Charleston. He is an cardiologist there. He works 5 days a week, and on weekends he remains on call. When he does work he works from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM. It works our perfectly because middle school football is usually at 4:30-7:00. He goes to work straight to football which is very awkward because he wears his lab coat because he isn't aloud to leave it in a car because the bosses are scared it will get stolen.
     We have a house right on John's Island and it is 3 stories tall. Our plan when we bring Wren home is to move Abigail up to the 3rd floor so she will have a floor to herself with her own bathroom, window seat, and bedroom. Wren will be on the 2nd floor with us having her own bedroom and bathroom as well, just non window seat. We have a very small basement which is used for office space. We each have our own place for a computer, and desk space. We recently bought Wren a computer, that officially mean she is coming. The desk area is my personal favorite part of the house. I have my  mac down there, Michael has a mac lap-top down there, he finds being a doctor and all it is easiest to have a lap-top. Abigail has a mac lap-top too. Wren officially has one too.
     Abigail has been very suspicious about here moving floors, and a new lap-top, and everything. We ended up telling her and she is very excited. Well, I was training for a marathon yesterday and I was running around in the backyard with Abigail and I pulled my groin muscle.
     We have a very mini track in our backyard. If you run around the whole thing it measures 1/2 a mile. That means if I am training for a marathon I would have to run it 52 times. Abigail loves to run with me. She runs around our track 8 times with me each day.



xoxo,
jennifer

sorry for the never ending post
  

2 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well with your marathon. What a tough woman you are! Awesome.
    By the way, my daughter's middle name is Rehn (pronounced justlike Wren). So you will indeed be adopting from DCFS? That is truly wonderful. So many prayers and blessings are coming, and continue to get all the support you can for all that's to come. Hope Abigail is getting excited for her new sibling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jacki- We were thinking about a name change to Rehn spelled how you do but I wasn't so sure. I think I will just go with Wren. My husband has been doing most of it at his spare time at work. He had an adopted brother so he knows some stuff I don't about adoption. All is going great and it truly is a magical process.

    ReplyDelete