Friday, September 10, 2010

The wonders of adoption... settled!!!

Yes, we have decided that for our daughter, Abigail's christmas/birthday gift that she will get a new little sister from the united states! We have been looking and calling agencies all around. We are thinking about going to Dallas Texas to the adoption agency and going from there, to settle on who to adopt. We know it is going to be a little girl, I would prefer one closer to the age of 9 but younger than Abigail. Maybe even someone who is 8 so they could be close ages together. I could have a baby myself but at the age of 40, close to 41 by the time I have the baby.... Well, we wouldn't want to take any risks what so ever. I would like a little girl with no disabilities, but that is all a lot to ask for. If you have adopted (Jacki) where did you adopt from? I am not exactly sure how long I have been blogging here for but I know it hasn't been long at all. I was very happy when I got a few emails regarding adoption!! Thanks and if you have anything else to tell me please don't hesitate!

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted a sibling, being an only child as well.
    And I hope Abigail will enjoy having a little sister, but there are advantages to being an only child. When you are by yourself with your own thoughts you tend to think a lot more, and in ways it helps your creative side. It helps you to act alone and be more ambitious, I know that doesn't really make sense and It can happen to children in a family of 4 or 5 but I have always based my creativity on being the only child in my house hold.
    My favorite quote by Oscar Wilde is kind of my motto, "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! What news here about your heart being moved toward adoption. It's definately a process and a journey. We worked with an Christian adoption agency recommended to us, and this is always a way to begin. Gather as much info from others, and attend your community's workshops for adoption conferences and meetings. We went through one at our local college that had several agencies presented, as well as panels of adult's who were adopted and their stories. It provided great insight and direction. Open and closed adoptions, US or international based, etc. All those in's and out's that you have to prepare your heart for.

    Our personal story was unique in it's own, where we met Tristan's birth mother first. That kind of "identified" adoption is kinda rare. Then we got connected with an agency for all the legal particulars. we helped his birth mom quite a bit while she was pregnant. That was our experience. I think if you are looking to adopt an older child, there are many in DCFS system.
    But that's just one area perhaps.

    I hope the very best for you! Just begin with as much education as you can. Can't wait to hear more here.

    ReplyDelete